Sunday, March 27, 2011

On a Roll!

Between my last post (Feb.8... yikes) and now, a lot of stuff has happened.

Blogging, clearly, has not been one of them. Sorry.


I'm sensing a pattern developing, here. I get on a serious roll, then... uhhh... I don't even want to know when the last entry was. And the busier I get, the more often it tends to happen. At least I'm consistent?

But enough of that, today is a new day. And April is (about to be) a new month. Being a better blogger is still on my radar, and what's the harm in having a long-term goal.

One thing that hasn't fallen to the wayside-- my cooking. I've got tons of recipes to share and I promise, sooner or later, I'll get 'em up here.

So, let's see how many posts I can get in before the next dry spell. Chances are pretty good that consistency will get the best of me once again, but for the sake of everyone who reads my blog, I'll remain optimistic.

Here's a phenomenal recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. I don't know many people who don't like hummus, and I'm telling you, this is honestly the best hummus I've made so far.* This recipe literally could not be easier.






Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
[1] can organic chickpeas
[2] tbsp sesame tahini
[2] lemons, juiced
[1 1/2] whole roasted red peppers, chopped
[1] garlic clove (use more... if you like more garlic)
[1] tsp paprika
[1/4--1/3] cup water to thin. (I use water in place of olive oil but you could use either, or both!)
salt
pepper

Blend chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and a little water in the food processor until smooth. Add water until you've reached desired consistency. When smooth, add salt and pepper to taste, chopped peppers, and paprika. Blend once more until combined. I kept the consistency pretty chunky (I hate that word) so that it was more like a dip. Sprinkle the top with paprika and add a sprig of parsley for presentation and color. Bring it to a party, serve it with pita, then watch it dis-ap-pear.

I'm going to go eat this now and pretend that Spring Break hasn't ended.

You're gunna be sahooo pOpuLaR





*In my latest attempt to avoid preservatives, I've been making my own hummus. It's so much cheaper (hummus at the grocery store can cost up to $5.00 compared to a can of chickpeas for like, $0.80), plus you can control the flavors and consistency. Basically, after you make your own hummus, you'll never buy it from the store again. 

No comments: